“A Girl should be two things: Who and What she wants.”
Happy International Women’s day to my girl gang out there! As females, our confidence is most commonly based on the praise and encouragement of the world around us, so to see all of the messages, posts, pictures and words of empowerment all over today is truly inspiring and makes me proud to be a woman. With this said, this originally was just going to be an outfit post but I was so inspired I couldn’t help but make my own post to help encourage this sense of bad-assery and positivity going around.
As women, whether we like it or not our most common concern at times seems to be our self images we hold of ourselves. This is something we form from the very young ages in youth, as we stare in the mirror, as we look at the women around us, as we absorb the society that influences us. We then analyze this self image continuosely and ruthlessly. This is how we truly get to know our inner self, we form a sense of identity and ultimately ask how others view us. Wouldn’t it be a perfect world if only we all had a clear vision of this self image but not only a clear vision of this image but a vision of positivity and self love. A vision that says, “I am capable”, “I am enough”, “I am intelligent”, “I am beautiful”, “I am strong”, “I am compassionate”, “I am confident with my sexuality”…the list is endless for us undefinable women.
Well, easier said than done just like most things in life. This self image comes with self confidence and in a society that constantly tries to tell you and sell you something your not this can be provocation (but we all know that, we live it 365 days out of the year.) It is of utmost importance that we develop a strong sense of our emotions and learn how to not only recognize but communicate them. Vice versa, we need to be sensitive to others especially our fellow female warriors that fight in the battle ground of every day life beside us.
Whether it is in relationships, the work place, home life, whatever, we need to become assertive and self-assured. Learning a non-aggressive manner to state our rights, opinions, knowledge, desires and requests without putting others down but demanding the respect as we deserve it. Today is the day to work towards learning this and to carry it with us as we rigorously work at the inspiring woman we are inside, finding her, being good to her and most of all loving her.
Here are ways I believe we can help work towards this:
- Write a letter to yourself describing your assets. Include the positive characteristics you would like to develop and negative behavior you would like to change.
- Listen to positive statements on a tape while relaxing. Over time, your subconscious will believe them.
- Think about who you are striving to become or something you wish to improve. Write it down!
- Brain storm a list of accomplishments you have already achieved in life. Think of a couple new ones, set a goal and write down a system of how you will achieve them.
- Do an activity, sport or hobby today that you enjoy. Remember to indulge in them regularly. Enjoyment and pleasure contribute to your self-worth.
Happy International Women’s Day Loves!! Xoxo