Hey Beautifuls! I hope everybody had a fantastic holiday season. I took a few weeks off from my blog but continued to share snip-its here and there of my Christmas and New Year’s on my instagram, so I hope you enjoyed. I promised to share with you all my favorite appetizers that I find quick and easy to make especially great for the holidays but really that would work for any type of party. I like these types of recipes because seeing as I am a college kid, first I don’t really have the budget to spend on intense, expensive spices or an intricate list of other ingredients right now and I usually don’t have that long to prepare for the parties that I host so I like to stick to recipes that only require 3-4 ingredients and items that don’t require rigorous prep time. So here they are:
1) Bruschetta: my favorite recipe is Rachel Ray’s which just requires you to mix tomatoes, basil, 2 garlic cloves, olive oil, and a pinch of salt. (Onions if desired.)
2) Caprese Skewers: So Easy! Just stick a grape tomato, a basil leaf, and a ball of Mozerella onto a skewer. Then either sprinkle some Olive Oil or Balsamic over it and just a little salt and pepper and you’re good.
3) Bacon Wrapped Pineapple: Def a top favorite of mine. In it’s simplest form all it is, is what it sounds like- pineapple wrapped in a piece of bacon baked for a few minutes. But there are a lot of variations. Some people marinate them in siracha and honey, barbecue sauce, and/or sweet ‘n sour sauce what ever sounds good to you and feel free to get creative.
4) Cucumber Sandwiches: Rye or pumpernickel bread, Cucumber slice, (Mix cream cheese, package of powdered italian dressing, and 1 TBS of milk), sprinkle some dill on top.
5) Stuffed Jalapeño Peppers: If you want something with a little spice and kick this is a good one. Just cut green jalapeño peppers in half and fill with pepperjack cheese and bread crumbs and bake.
Let me know if you try any of these and how they work!
Pictures are not mine: google images.